- A product on my order is not available. What does that mean? [Back to Top]
There are times after an order is placed that the product has become out of stock or not available. We will contact you as soon as possible via email or phone to inform you that a product you have ordered is out of stock. Please don’t hate us. This happens very infrequently and we usually blame the government.
- Do I have to pay sales tax? [Back to Top]
If you live in Colorado you will have to pay sales tax.
- Do you accept University or School Purchase Orders? [Back to Top]
Oh yeah, smells like school spirit. We will definitely accept your Purchase Order. Please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 303-215-1645.
- Do you offer bulk discounts on large orders or group/club deals? [Back to Top]
Yes, We would love to supply you with all the gear you need. Please email your gear list to email@example.com . Please include as much information as possible. We will work up a discounted price quote.
- FREE Shipping on orders over $75.00! [Back to Top]
You will receive FREE Shipping on any orders over $75.00!
If your order total is $5 or $10 short to meet the FREE Shipping than please shop our Gift Ideas and small gadgets to off set the shipping cost.
- Group Sales [Back to Top]
What Is Group Sales?
Group Sales Division of VitalOutdoors.com
1224 Washington Ave. Suite 125
Golden, Colorado 80401
Email Group Sales
Group Sales Information
Thank you for your interest in VitalOutdoors.com Group Sales. We have been in business for over 5 years selling high quality outdoor gear. We specialize in Government, Corporate, and Group volume orders. Our staff of experts can help you fill your gear needs whether they are basic or very specific. We have custom logo applications available on most of the products we carry.
What Group Sales can provide to you
- Group Sales specializes in non-standard orders such as large quantity, custom embroidery, special order, and volume priced.
- We work with government agencies, corporate accounts, clubs, associations, military units, promotional agencies, and media production companies.
- We have access to specialty tactical gear and clothing for military units.
- Our custom embroidery and logo services allow you to set your organization apart.
- Show your appreciation to your team by offering a high-quality gift and incentive program with gear and clothing from VitalOutdoors.com.
- Discounts are available to groups and clubs such as BSA, GSA, Ski/Snowboard Clubs, Hiking/Climbing Clubs, etc.
- We accept payment via credit card, Gov’t P.O., Certified Checks, and Money Orders/Cashiers Checks. Corporate accounts with terms may be available on orders over $3,000.
Policies & Procedures
The following are some new procedures that you may find helpful:
- We accept Credit Cards, Certified Checks, Corporate Checks & Money Orders.
- Minimum order amount $500.00 USD
- Orders under $1,000.00 USD must be prepaid!
- We need a 50% Deposit on all orders over $1,000.00 USD
- We do not bill to APO/FPO boxes, please forward prepayment to us in $U.S. Dollars at the address listed above.
- U.S. companies may submit a credit application requesting NET 30 Terms or COD Company Check approval.
- Federal and Municipal Agencies, Educational Institutions, Fortune 500 and other approved accounts may use Purchase Orders. We require a hard copy of the PO by fax or by mail. No Requisitions Please!
- All open account terms are NET 30 Days after date of invoice and F.O.B. Origin/Prepay and add.
- All credit cards and purchase orders are subject to verification.
- Special orders are non-returnable and non-refundable (Orders with GSO sku)
We generally ship within 48 hours (ARO) after receipt of order of in-stock items. We may require signature upon delivery. International shipments are available and are shipped with major carriers or via freight forwarder of your choice.
Please call us for current pricing. Our office hours are:
Business Hours from Memorial Day to Labor Day: (Mountain Standard Time)
Monday - Thursday 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Friday & Saturday 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sunday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Business Hours from Labor Day to Memorial Day: (Mountain Standard Time)
Monday - Thursday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Friday & Saturday 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sorry, we are closed on holidays.
Thank you for your inquiry about VitalOutdoors.com Group Sales, we look forward to being of service to you.
- How do I do an exchange? (Return & Exchange Policy) [Back to Top]
You can send your product (s) back for a return or exchange with in 60 days. Please include a copy of your receipt.
To ensure fastest service, we highly recommend you place a new order on the website for the item you want, and return the original product to us and we’ll credit you.
For more info on how to return product please visit Returns & Exchanges
- How do I return my product? (Return & Exchange Policy) [Back to Top]
You can send your product (s) back for a return or exchange with in 60 days. Please include a copy of your receipt. To ensure fastest service, we highly recommend you place a new order on the website for the item you want, and return the original product to us and we’ll credit you.
You can either bring your product(s) and your invoice/receipt to a Vital Outdoors shop or you can mail the product(s) back to us and we'll credit your card right away.
These few simple steps explain how you can create a return.
You must have an account to create a return shipment. If you placed an order as a guest, you will have to register with the same e-mail address to convert your guest account into a customer account.
- Please log in to your account.
- Your recent orders are displayed. Click the View for the order you want to create a return or exchange for.
- Click Return items at the bottom of the page to create the return shipment.
- Choose the products to return and the quantity.
- Give a return reason. You can choose a reason and an action or create your own, and then send the return request.
It usually takes about 5-7 business days to get your package back to us. We will credit you within 5 business days of receiving your package and email you a receipt confirming the credit.
If your outside of the USA, you can mail the product(s) back to us using the carrier of your choice to:
1224 Washington Ave. Suite 125,
Golden, CO 80401.
Be sure to send it pre-paid; no CODs allowed. Be sure to get tracking information for your package since you are responsible until we receive the goods.
NOTE: Anytime you return an order that comes with a free gift, you must also return the free gift. I think that's Cervantes. If we don’t receive it back, we will have to charge you the retail value of the gift.
If you have any questions or want to tell us about your favorite Star Wars character please give us a call at 303-215-1644 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Love the Madness,
- How/why do you verify credit cards? [Back to Top]
For a first time international customer we have to verify your credit card, the good news is that you only have to go through the verification process once.
Vital Outdoors will charge your credit card a small amount (from $0-$3.00 USD), we will then contact you via email that the charge has been made.
You can then contact your bank to find the amount of the small charge; you can give us the small charge amount, via phone, email or live chat, at that time when your card is verified we can process your order.
- My item is backordered. What does that mean? [Back to Top]
If you received a call or an email that your item is on Backorder, that means we tried to order the product directly from the manufacturer because at that time of your order the item you wanted was not in stock at Vital Outdoors. We will ship the product to you as soon as it becomes available from the manufacturer. You can cancel your order at any time.
- What are the Holidays on which we don’t ship? [Back to Top]
Our friendly freight carriers do not ship on the following holidays so keep that in mind when choosing your ship method:
New Year's Eve
New Year's Day
Day after Thanksgiving
New Year's Eve
New Year's Day
- What are your in-store hours? [Back to Top]
1224 Washington Ave. Suite 125
Golden, Colorado 80401
- Monday – Thursday, 10:00AM – 6:00PM MST
- Friday and Saturday, 10:00AM - 7:00PM MST
- Sunday, 10:00AM - 5:00PM MST
- Sorry, we are closed on holidays.
Hours do change between seasons so please call
- What brands and categories cannot ship outside of the US? [Back to Top]
Vital Outdoors CANNOT ship Arc'Teryx, Vibram FiveFingers, Patagonia, Yakima, Outdoor Research, Quiksilver, Sea to Summit, Thule, Western Mountaineering, La Sportiva, The North Face, New Balance, Mountain Hardwear, and all stroller brand products outside of the US. Vital Outdoors also CANNOT ship skateboard, snowboard, wakeboard, windsurf and paddleboard apparel and equipment outside of the US.
- What does “In Stock” mean? [Back to Top]
Product will ship in 1-3 business days.
- What does processing mean? [Back to Top]
Your order has now been forwarded to the warehouse for shipment. Orders usually ship in 1-3 business days. Items that require a longer shipping time are noted on the product page.
- What is a speed exchange? [Back to Top]
Simply place a new order at VitalOutdoors.com for the new product(s) and mail the original product(s) back to us and we'll credit your card. FedEx or UPS takes about 5-7 business days to get your package back to us. We will credit you the SAME DAY we receive your package and email you a receipt confirming the credit!
- What is your international shipping policy? [Back to Top]
Vital Outdoors offers air shipping for international orders. Choose "International (non-USA) from the Shipping Method dropdown when checking out.
International Shipping Rates
Air orders are sent via FedEx. Some items may be subject to additional shipping charges because of size or weight.
Estimated Shipping Charges by Region
Oversize and/or heavy products such as backpacks, tents and sleeping bags may require additional charges. If additional charges apply, we will email you prior to shipping so you can give us the go ahead. Be sure to check your emails from Vital Outdoors!!!
Potential Shipping Delays. In an effort to keep shipping costs down, we try to combine all items into a single package. 99% of the time, this does not cause a delay and you can rely on the estimated ship dates shown on our website. In very rare cases, this process can take a week or two in which case the estimated ship date on the website might be inaccurate. This is absolutely nothing to worry about but we have to write this because one person got mad and said we should.
- What is your price match policy? [Back to Top]
If you find an identical product at a lower price and in stock on another site we will match the price. The product we are price matching needs to be identical to the product we have in stock at VitalOutdoors.com - that means the exact same size, color, season, etc. Additionally, the price we are matching must include all costs the competitor would charge you for the item including tax and shipping where applicable.
For example, if you find a jacket for 5 cents less at a competitor, we will gladly match the price if it's identical and in stock. Another example, if you find a Nalgene for $1 less at a competitor, we will gladly match the price if it's identical and in stock. " Oh, and the Price Match policy excludes Suunto and Yakima products. Don't blame us. I'm sure you could have guessed, but when you do a price match, you cannot combine it with other offers like Gifts with Purchase, Coupon Codes and other promotions. If you prefer the promotion to the price match, just know you can do one or the other but not both. We also do not match prices for auction sites such as eBay. Additionally, we do not match prices of companies based outside the USA. Vital Outdoors cannot price match on Gift Cards.
- What is your return & exchange policy? [Back to Top]
At Vital Outdoors, we want you, our customers, to be completely satisfied with your purchase and the services we provide.
Merchandise can be returned for exchange or refund within 60 days of receipt. The merchandise must be returned new, unused, unaltered, not previously installed, and in a sellable condition with all of the original packaging. Used non-defective merchandise cannot be returned for exchange or refund. No returns on all sunglasses, food, undergarments, weight-bearing climbing equipment, gift cards and e-gift certificates, all of which are final sale and cannot be returned. Refund will be issued in the form of original payment. Sorry, store credit is not available. Returns due to some fault of Vital Outdoors will be reimbursed for all return shipping costs-UPS Ground, Fedex Ground or US Mail only. Express shipping charges will not be reimbursed.
Proof of purchase required for all returns. IF YOU RETURN THE PRODUCT(S) IN UNSELLABLE CONDITION we will ship the product back to you and will NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH A REFUND.
- Why has my order shipped in multiple packages? [Back to Top]
Vital Outdoors wants to provide the best, fastest service possible, to ensure that your package arrives on time we may ship to you from multiple locations. Each package will have its own tracking number we will be send this information to you via email when the package (s) are shipped. You will not be charged any additional shipping costs. Your packages will arrive at different times.
- Will I have to pay for customs/duties/taxes if I import an item to a country other than the US? [Back to Top]
Shipments outside the of the US, are subject to tariffs, duties, value added tax (VAT), etc. These costs are not Vital Outdoors responsibility, we cannot add these charges to your order, and these charges are determined by the local customs office. (You can contact them for more information) The company that is shipping your order will be charging you the fees.